Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Move! (After), or "The Wizard's Apartment"

Ok, so I uploaded most of the "Before" shots of the apartment.

Now you can get to see the changes - all of which were done by myself! - since I found out later that Jo has absolutely NO SENSE of decoration, layout or artistic ambiance...h
aha. She may be logical and direct, but she left the decorating to me (much to her chagrin).

Oh, wait! Damn, maybe she was just being like Huck and tricking me into decorating the whole place my myself.....hmmm, no I think the rolling eyes and the "Are you SURE you want to put that there?" seemed real enough....

Anyway, at one point, as I was trying to improve the ambiance, she shook her head and said - this place looks like a "Wu po de jia." I said "What??!! A Witch's House? What does THAT mean?" (I was already tired from seemingly non stop decorating and moving). She then said that it has so many things to look at; it is a bit confusing and hectic....and then she casually asked; "wouldn't white walls be better?" To which I think I just stood transfixed, ready to faint or throw up or something drastic from all my hard work....

I told her that a witch's house has a bad connotation to me, and was she sure she wanted to say that? She thought a bit and said - "Well, it kida looks like a room from Harry Potter, like a Wizard's House."

On hearing that, my eyes instantly lit up. I liked the sound of that....(from my D&D gaming and all), but I knew I was just baised against witches, I guess. For me Gandalf's home is a VERY COOL idea and well, let's just say I am trying to get in the spirit of that as we tweak and move things around, as well as buy new things.....course it is hard to find space for that damn hat! So I will take the role of Gandalf and Jo will take the roll of the sterotypical nasty witch....haha


image from here

So, without much further ado, here is our apartment for the time being, until we decide to go on yet another adventure....


The Wizard's (and lil' Witch's) Apartment

Welcome to our lovely home! We promise not to cast too many spells on you!


You have just come in and have closed the door (on your left)....


Here is our Living Room and movie watching area - if you notice the mirror is easily taken off and we watch movies on the blank wall with that projector you see on the table...no NOT the cow thingy.....
I told Jo later that there was at least ONE blank wall....


We have now turned you around to look at the front door you came in through.


Wizard's Home? I dunno, but I think it looks cool enough to be called that....


Here is our Dining Room (where we have actually never had Dinner yet....)
Notice the orange cases of wine for our wedding....Good ol' Yellow Tail Merlot.....


Our updated Kitchen


Our Master Wizard Bedroom with The Comfy Chair (Jo's massage chair)....bliss!

Another shot of our Master Wizard Bedroom


Here is the Lil' Witch herself in our computer room....
sure she looks happy now...prolly since she just finished a spell on me....


Our improved Guest Room


We fixed up the bathroom a lil' bit....


Directly in front of our balcony window

Looking down towards the Art Museum

This is another night balcony view of the tallest building in Taichung (I call it The Fin, since it is elliptical...)

-----------------------------------------------------

Well, hope you enjoyed our virtual tour (I am lazy to do a video...). Soon Wendy, Mom and Dad will see this for themselves and maybe YOU will too! haha

Jeff & Jo!

No comments: