Sunday, January 21, 2007

Mom and Dad....Are You Ready?

My parents are in for a little 'Culture Shock!"

My parents are due to arrive in Asia on Tuesday and they will visit my sister and husband in Okinawa, Japan for a week and then pop back down to Taiwan to spend another week with us, to be part of the wedding!

I am very excited since I have been here for over 10 years and they have strategically tried to wait me out, most likely secretly hoping that I would return to (at least somewhere) in the West at some point. But, regardless if I am a "Lifer" here or not,
Taiwan will always have a special place for me, not only since I have met a wonderful woman, but almost 1/3rd of my life has been here. And a good life it has been.

So, my parents are coming and I am sure they are nervous and excited, anxious and enthusiastic. In other words, my mom is prolly going crazy with worry and excitement (haha) and my dad is trying his best to plan for every contingency and have 45 back up plans in case those contingencies don't go as expected.

Well, all I can say is that....
Taiwan is a weird and wonderful place, and you will have to experience it to believe it.

I promise that Jo and I will be good tour guides and hosts, but there will be some things that will leap out at you once you are here and we will do our best to explain and protect!

See you soon!

Jeff & Jo


No comments: