Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sage Eats His First Real Food

We are getting back in the swing of things here after our break back in the States for Xmas.

I have new classes that need prepping for, Jo has new stocks to buy and sell and Sage has hit the 6 month mark (Dec 30th), and has lots of foods to try.

Thus we have been trying to get him used to eating food in addition to mother's milk and it has been interesting. I am trying not to rush him, but am anxious for the day that both he and I will outvote Mom on getting pizza....but then again, her vote counts as 10 already anyway...sigh.

Anyway, we started him off on carrots and will move to congee as staples. Here are some pics to go along with the 'ordeal'.....


And away we go! Mom mushed up the carrots in the (very handy musher) tool that Auntie Jen gave us (THANX!) and we got off to a good start. Although to be fair, since he had never tried anything like this and tries to put anything in his mouth, he was up for anything....


Hmmm, what is this new thing....must...put...in...mouth....


Whoa! Holy smokes! What the hell is that?


Hmmm, wait a minute...it feels kinda.....gooey....I am used to that....


I may just like this thing....



you said it was 'carrot'?


Ok, pack another one on me baby...I mean mom...



Whoa! Holy smokes! What the hell is that?


...this reminds me of something....
Hmmm, wait a minute...it feels kinda.....gooey....I am used to that....


Great, now it is dad's turn....he prolly cant even find my mouth....


Oh! not too bad!


Gimme a bit more, will ya?


Yeah, I am getting the hang of it...


Ok, I am all decked out and in my new booster seat! This will be a breeze!



Whoa! Holy smokes! What the hell is that?!


So dad, you think that is funny? Why don't I see YOU eating this mush?



Mom is too sneaky! You popped it in when I was not ready!


Oh, this is tiring (and boring!)


Oh, wait! I take it back! I did NOT really open my mouth wide...


Damnit!


Ok, I'm not gunna open up anymore...


Nope


Nope


Well, I gotta cough - but don't try any funny business...


Yeah, ok, mom, I see you like it - so why don't YOU just eat it?


Yeah, mom still loves me (even though I only ate about 2 spoons....)

No comments: