Thursday, July 09, 2009

The First Week

Whew!

We are making it through our first week with Sage, and I think we are doing great.

We are nervous, frazzled, happy, frustrated, exhausted and yet totally alert, and I think that is par for the course (as our friends and family who are parents can confirm). We are learning as we go and we both seem to have a knack for this - course this may just be the information we have absorbed (since we are older) or that we are just easier to get used to things now.

Course, as my sister told me very clearly, when your kid develops a pattern or a rhythm, it will soon change and then you have to start all over again (to get into a groove). We shall see.

Here are some pics of Sage's first few days with us. We had to rush and get a new camera, since our other one broke, so now we also have a brand new camera to take pictures of a brand new baby...


Here he is relaxing and sleeping in his sleeping box....




Oh! Mommy woke him up and took a good one! I am not sure if this was a yawn or a whistle....



I am so happy he likes his sleeping box. He looks content! Do you know why? Since he is already a board game geek. Daddy tried to use our crib bed for him to sleep with us, but it was too big to sleep the 3 of us on the bed together, so we had to look for alternatives. Mommy suggested a picture frame with a blanket over it, but when we tried, that was also too big. Then we thought about it for a bit and it dawned on us: what do I have in abundance that a baby could sleep in? Yes, a board game box! I quickly looked through my 100 games to find a suitable box and took out the pieces and board. There ya go! A perfect bed for a soon-to-be gamer geek - just like his dad! We are so happy, and it looks like he is too!

(by the way, the game box is from the game Hotel. When he gets older, we will change to my Descent board game box which is even bigger!)



Here is his 'serious' look - I think he is seriously pooping...



Sage seems to like Daddy's burping position and almost without fail, he stops crying when I hold him like this. We do know that he is like Daddy and has lots of gas though, so Mommy is continuously rolling her eyes whenever Sage burps or farts and Daddy looks so proud....



Ok, have to go back to checking in on Mommy and Sage....More to come later.

No comments: