Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The First Night

We made it through our first night with Sage and thankfully, it was not as bad as we thought. Not that good - as all new parents know - but not that bad.

I have told myself that I just have to revert back to the time when I used to go to sleep at 4 or 5 am, sleep til noon and then start my day. I used to love to work (and play) late at night and also see the sunrise. In fact, I have often wondered if it would be possible to stay up indefinately - just image how much stuff you could do - but I do love sleep as well, so there is that conundrum.

I have heard the Leonardo DaVinci slept 15 minutes of every hour, so that he could stay up all day as well (if you add up 15 min x 24 = 8 hours of sleep) and indeed doing that perhaps made him see things ahead of his time....



....but I imagine I will start to look like this soon enough if Sage keeps having his way of eating every 2 hours. I am tired, but Mom is super exhausted and I have to say, I respect her (and all mothers) much more, now knowing what the experience is like.

So, from the books that I have read and the people that I have talked to, this situation of sleep deprivation will last awhile, so I am off to take a cat nap.

Happy Siesta!

Jeff, Jo and Sage

No comments: