Friday, June 26, 2009

Gamer Geek Babe Birthday Presents

Jo and I talked a bit last night about presents. In Taiwan (well, most of Asia, actually), it is common to do a variety of things for a babe's 0-st Birthday.

One of them is to buy a gold necklace or bracelet and another is to make a calligraphy brush from his/hair (if they have enough).

While both are interesting and potentially geeky enough, I mentioned that gold prices are not the best now and making a calligraphy brush from his hair - while cool - is a little impractical at this stage. Heck, he can make one from his massive amounts of chest hair when he is older, if he wants.....

I was just thinking of something simple like a book or a chew toy. But then I saw these....

...and I can not wait to get some. I can understand if you do not appreciate the sublimeness of these gifts since you have to be a gamer to really appreciate it, but nonetheless, these are priceless (actually, they are stupidly expensive....haha).



For those of you who don't know, these are stats for a character in the D&D world. Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity, Constitution, and Charisma are from 1 to 18, which is the highest starting statistic. Also, there is AC, which is Armor Class, Hit Points, and Experience. Ah, makes a Geek Father proud...




....but not as proud as this one!




And of course, the truth about his future....





...and truths about the present....





...and about his 'special' abilities...





But this is probably my favorite one (mostly since my favorite character of all time was my Wise Barbarian....

Ah, good times to come....

No comments: