Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Favorite Holiday is Approaching.....

“Oh the weather outside is frightful

But the fire is so delightful

And since we've no place to go

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!”

From the song “Let It Snow” by Sammy Cahn, 1945


“Oh the weather outside is frightful (ly hot)

But the pool is so delightful

And since we've no place to go

Let It Blow! Let It Blow! Let It Blow!” (for our Jacuzzi)

A remixed version for Taiwan.....

----------------------------------------------

Yes, I miss the cold snowy days of my New England youth...and in Taiwan, there is just no way to celebrate a "real" xmas - at least in my book...but I will (and have) take what I can get. I mean, the weather is still very hot these days and I am in t-shirts and shorts....sigh!...but I will perservere in the face of these odds....

Alright! Enough whining!

I dug out the Xmas tree the other day and assembled it as part 1 of making this apartment Xmas 'worthy' in my eyes...

I bought this awhile ago - my cool blue spruce Xmas tree, but it needed a wash....

Setting up the space - where you also have to take in consideration room for gifts......


Now the tree is up and looks ready for lighting....


I decided to veer from the standard rainbow colored lights, since while looking good, are a bit loud for an old geezer like me...nice soft yellow and white look great here...and Jo agrees...
Notice the apparent 'randomness' of the placement of the lights....that is on purpose! haha

Ah, ornaments are on and the room is set for the 'ambiance check'

Mmmm, ambiance is good - very good!

Now let's pray for some real snow!
Well...maybe not like this....haha

Jeff and Jo

No comments: