Saturday, December 02, 2006

Place Set for Stateside Wedding Reception

We have finally decided on a place to hold our reception for our stateside wedding and the note below is the email I sent out to family and friends there.

Those of you who are somewhere else (in
Taiwan or elsewhere), you are also more than welcome to join us, but I totally understand the flight situation and costs.

Anyway, yeah! Another step completed and on we go!


----------------------------------------------

Greetings all,


I hope all of you have had a great Thanksgiving holiday last week. I know this is the busiest time for most of us and especially for Jo and I as we navigate through wedding decisions while being abroad, but we hope all is well with everyone and that Santa is generous this year!

As for those of you who have been very patient, we have finally decided on a place and time, and it is with sincere hopes that all of you can make it to our reception. Details are below (with links):

Place: Avon Old Farms Inn, in Avon, Connecticut 06001, ph: (860) 677 2818

Road:
On Route 44, very close to Route 10 intersection ( very close to I-91, Hartford and Bradley Intl Airport ).

Date: Feb 11th, 2007; Sunday, at noon, with a large buffet luncheon

We we in contact with a few places, but this place seemed to match the type of wedding we would like, which is elegent, yet simple, flexible and relaxed. In fact, we will try our best to keep things uncomplicated, mostly for the fact that it is more difficult when you have to deal with opposite time zones. This way, we can focus on the people (you) who are attending and just have a great time with family and friends.

Also, since Jo's family will not be able to come out (only a few friends), it will mostly be my side, so I truely hope it will be cozy, relaxed and humorous time. We expect only about 50-60 people, but that is more than enough to celebrate this important day with us!

I know some of you are from out of town (some WAY out), and we totally understand about not being able to come. However, the offer stands and I have emailed you for a reason. If we are not able to meet up at this time, we wil do our best to plan another get together. I have also been fortunate to locate some friends whom I have not seen in over 10 years and welcome them to join us as well!

This is the first step in a long line of steps that needs to be done (actually, that is not quite true...Jo had to say 'yes' first.....haha). Anyway, we will still issue out invitations so if you could reply with your postal address, that would help us.

Again, we look forward to celebrating this time with you all and hope that we can meet up as well. For many, it has been far too long!

If you have any questions, please feel free to email back or skype me (artspar@gmail.com).

Best regards,

Jeff & Jo!


ps. I have emailed those in my contact list, but I realize that some people may not be here, such as spouses, other relatives, or other family friends - please do me a favor and forwad this to those whom you believe this would have value! Thanx!

No comments: