Saturday, March 26, 2011

An Old Fogey

Well, it happened, as it usually does around this time.

I got older. Not only that, but I got wiser, too. How about that?

For some reason, I have felt for the longest time that 40-50 would be my prime years. Dunno why I used to think that (since when I was younger 40 seemed sooooooo old) and only time will tell....

...but I think I am on the right track.

I have a super sexy and smart wife (alas, too smart....), I have a super cute and soon to be smarter than dad son, I love my work, and I love the fact that my life drifted in a way that I never thought possible from when I was in my 20's ( lord, 20 years ago....), and I am getting my creative urge again to make and do things.

So all is great and I indeed look forward to the next few years.

To celebrate, I got together with a small group of close friends (most with kids) and we had a good meal at TGIFridays (a place I have not been in about 5 years). The next day I spent the better part of the day hanging out playing some of my more time-intensive board games with some friends (I got the green light from my lovely wife)....

So a great way to mark the 'official' stage of Old-Fogeyism!

Now I prolly should start considering things like dentures, more frequent health check ups, senility and more, but hopefully I can pass on that for awhile....

Here's to at least 40 more years! Damn, they flew by....



Happy Birthday to ME!

No comments: