Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year (of the Rat)!


We are celebrating the Chinese New Year by resting and eating - just like Xmas holidays back home for most Westerners. Today was our first day off of six, so it should be a good rest break. We both need it since the last month especially has been hectic (course, when has it NOT been hectic....I can't remember).

Anyway, it is just the three of us here since Pei Ying (Jo's neice went back home for the vacation). Just a few hours ago, Jo made a Hot Pot full of simple but tasty and good things to eat for lunch and we were stuffed. However, we plan to eat and snack all vacation (also just like the West), so that is good.

Oh, I just found out that I can not snack so much, due to something called a 'gut'. So I will have to make other arrangements (I have hid some things in the computer room, so I think I am safe for the time being).

Anyway, here are some pics of all of us eating, which will be a common theme for most people here in Taiwan....



Even Mocha was lucky



More posts to come....Have a great CNY or Feb 6th!

Jeff & Jo


No comments: