Monday, February 11, 2008

First Day At Work - End of the Housewife


After we got married last year, Jo convinced me in pure Machevellian fashion to be the only breadwinner while she stayed home and relaxed. Of course, out of ignorance and love, I agreed. Actually, it worked out pretty well and even Jo was shocked that she kinda liked being .......drumroll...... an actual housewife (since Jo's character is one that feels staying home is like staying in a prison - unlike me).

But all good things must come to an end and today is the first day of her new job. She is bummed.

Actually, the great thing is that it is not a normal job. Since we opened our company and doubled its size recently, we also acquired an office and some workers, so Jo (and all of us in our company) are working for ourselves now. In fact, she is managing the entire part of the children's financial department, and it is bound to be interesting. I, on the other hand am the one who has to create all the materials and - at least for right now - have convinced everyone that I work better at home (so I am at home "working" most days). It is a very different feeling than
working for someone else, so that is a motivating factor.

However, I know that even though Jo likes to be out and about and doing challenging things, she really just wants to take more time off and clean our house (which I sincerely try to keep up with....), drink our very good coffee, listen to music and do her Sudoku (which I have absolutely no interest in).

Maybe in the near future, she will get her wish again!

Until then, you may want to send Jo a note to cheer her up!

I have to get back to "working" now.....


Jeff & Jo







No comments: