Thursday, January 24, 2013

My New Toy





A got a new toy for Xmas and have been trying it out.  A few days before Xmas I got a call and it went like this:

My Friend: "Hey Jeff, do you want an iphone 4 to replace your crap phone you use?"

Me: "Um, not really - my crap phone works fine and I am on the lowest payment plan there is since I hardly make phone calls.  Plus, I don't even need half the crap on an iphone anyway!"

My Friend: "Come on, you say that now, but look, my friend is getting an iphone 5 for xmas and she wants to sell her iphone 4 for $3000 bucks (about $100 US - they normally sell for $600 new and about $400 used).  I would take it but I already have one.  Come on, you know you want it."

Me: "Um, not really, but lemme talk to 'my manager.' (he knows what this means)"

A little while later:

Me: "Ok, my manager is a bit pissed that she did not get this rosy deal so in that light, I guess I will let you twist my arm to force upon me another product that will jettison me into the current age.  That way, I can waste even more time on apps that are meaningless and search the web for more crap to consume.  But at least my manager will be a bit jealous (for awhile anyway).  So how about we agree to $2500 and call it a day?"

My Friend: "Sigh, ok, I will ask and check with you later. See, I knew you wanted it...."

Me: "Yeah, but don't think I'll LIKE it...."

Anyway, I have had this little machine for a month now and in fact I need to confess that I do like it, even though I do not have an internet hooked up (although I search for WIFI hot spots) mainly because I can listen to music much easier now and I can take pictures.  I could do all that with previous phones but on MY crap phone I could not and thought that was dandy for a time.  

But ok, I am getting into it more and more, but seriously, I am still on one of the lowest payment plans, and rarely use it more than I need.  Basically the problem is that I am rarely out and when I am out, I zip to and from class with only limited time for doing iphone things anyway, which is why I knew I did not really need it.  But, then again, I have to update my toys eventually and so I did.


Here are some pics that I have taken on my new toy.

Enjoy!





























































It is really difficult to pick my favorites out of this bunch! 

Here's to my new toy (and most likely many more)....

No comments: