Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sage's Pooh Room


As some of you know, I like to paint, even though I have been quite lazy for the past few years (!). I usually like to do abstract art since my style is often random and passionate, aka Jackson Pollack style, but after reading and studying "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" I also like to draw a bit more detailed as well. However, I still gravitate towards the 'more heart-less brain' approach in my 'swirls.'

That said, ever since Sage was born I have been gearing up to paint his room as a scene. And since I love Pooh (and am forcing that love on poor Sage and Jo....) I figured to do a forest scene where Pooh would feel at home. Jo helped by getting some cool stickers and my job was to create the background. So last weekend I buckled down and got to work.

Here is the result!

This is going into his room.

Since we have not been using it (except for storage and guests - we then clean up a little), it stays in a perpetual state of disarray.

Disarray 2.0

Here is just a 'before' view before I started.

Another

And another...geez, looking back, it is so ugly - I HATE white walls!


Terrible!

Ok, enough of that.

Now, let's get to the background!
A little green, a little blue (well, a lot of blue, really)
and some brown....hmmmm



Getting the fields ready

2 weird clouds?


Of course the ceiling gets it, too!


This is Pooh's tree (start)


That bridge was a pain, but I finally got it to where I was semi-satisfied.... (so stop bothering me and let me get to work!)


There we go...


This was the finished bridge with stickers!


And the finished Pooh Tree with some stickers as well!


We can't forget to make an entrance for Pooh! (and his friend Mouse)


That sun started as a mistake, but I BS'ed it pretty well, I think....


This is the scene looking at Sage's bed (for later)


...with the sun


Another bridge shot.


There's that weird cloud - Oh, it is a Balloon!


Where are Pooh and Piglet going?


You are welcome to come to Pooh's house anytime!


Sidenote: I am in trouble now, since some of the friends that have seen this have wanted to get me to paint their kids' rooms....plus, I look around at all of our house walls and see scenes I want to paint....ah well....maybe just one more....

No comments: