Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Summer Hibernation Ends!

THANK GOD!

It is cooling down ever so slightly now that Fall technically "should" be here. I say should since I am still sweating and wearing as minimal clothing as possible at home (which is why I usually shun the web cam....).

But this is good news for Jo and I since we are waking up a bit. For those of you who do not live in a tropical place, just consider similar effects as hibernation in the winter is what many people succumb to here in the summer. Of course AC's are busy destroying the environment and most people don't go out of their air conditioned cars, offices, and homes, but since we are trying not to use so much AC power, our (nice and big) fans can only do so much. Thus, my own energy systems have been drained, not wanting to do too much of anything except work (since summer is the busiest season for teaching here) computer meditating (gaming or surfing) or drinking cool drinks with Jo.

This is also why my last post was about 10 years ago. But that is ok, you aren't really reading this thing, right?

Anyway, so we look forward to the day that I will actually need a second layer (called a coat) to drive to work and may - just may - have goosebumps if I leave the windows open in the bathroom when I gotta go. I can only hope for those days, sigh...

Cooling off,

Jeff & Jo


No comments: