Monday, June 18, 2007

Our New House(s) - Buy 1 Get 1 FREE!

Ok, so as most of you know, Jo and I bought a cool house recently.

This was not too unexpected, since we had been looking (and researching the market here) for about 9 months, but the speed at which we agreed on a low ball price and the shock of having the guy accept kinda threw us for a loop since we were in the midst of preparing to go back to the states (I will talk abo
ut that in another blog - I will work backwards a bit...) as well as changing our working schedules.

Anyway, we both immediately liked the house as soon as we entered the place and knew that it was a good deal, especially since it was a "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" due to the additional 3 bedroom apartment on top of our 3 bedroom apartment that we currently rent out to one of my good friends.

To give you a taste of our timeline for the last few weeks....:
  • We looked at the house in early May and agreed on a price a week later
  • We then decided to move out of our apartment (which we thought we would be in for at least a year) in Mid May.
  • Since we were planning to leave for the States on May 20th, we had to push the bank and the accountants to make sure all the paperwork was done before we left (no easy matter)
  • We then set May 18th as our official move date and moved all day that day (Phew!)
  • We had a day of rest (but not really since there was no place to rest in our place- too many boxes!)
  • We left for the states on early Sunday morning and had a great time!
  • We came back to an unpacked house on June 5th and sighed, especially since I had the Flu and was as good as worthless for moving things.
  • Thank god we made at least one nook livable (our master bedroom area) and I was there for about 5 days recovering.
  • Then on that Friday, we got the energy to start moving and simultaneously painting the apartment and did not stop for about 10 hours.
  • I worked the next day and regretted the painting / moving effort
  • We then spent a week of moving and removing and touching up and shuffling all of our things around to get room by room semi-livable.
  • On this past Sunday, we finally were sitting on our sofa and said "I think we are almost there!" and we are.
  • I started to write and post again.
So, ya wanna see some of our semi-livable pics?

Here ya go....



Here is our entrance area, when you first come in.



This is when you turn around and see our Living Room



Another Living Room shot
(you can tell I am getting old since 'my' spot on the sofa is where all the pillows are in the corner! haha.....)


Here you are in the Living Room, looking at our main door again and our Library.



Our Library is small, but is sort-of comfy....yes, those black hanging things are supposed to be a see through wall...



Our Kitchen is next to our Library and is very bright (and quite big!)



Another Kitchen Shot



And another.....


This is our master bedroom that is next to the Kitchen and we both chose the purple as our mood color.



We also have a guest room (so you are invited!),



An airy bathroom,



A cool Balcony (one of two - the other was too messy to show),




and our beloved Computer Room, where I am now slaving away......this is my side....



...and this is Jo's side


Hmmmmm, didn't I just get through bloggin about my OTHER apartment - the Wizard's one??? Geez, things happen fast sometimes.....

Anyway, we are still tweaking and working on things here (of course), but for the most part, we have about 80% done and are quite happy with the results.

I am not going to show our rooftop apartment and patio yet since that is still a whole other project, but I promise when it is nearing completion, I will be ciked to show it off......

Well, I hope you like Jo's pics and what we have done. She took these pics today, so it gives you an idea of the current state of things so far.

Please understand that I had to get my home readied before anything else and we were both shocked it took so little time - only a week or so of heavy shuffling! I thought it would take at least a month or so.....

Will try to post more later (course that is what I ALWAYS say....) haha.

Take care!

Jeff & Jo

No comments: