Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My First Movember


Well, there are firsts for everything.  

This past November (which has been renamed Movember by many men), I embarked on a journey of self discovery, joy, anguish, woe, heartbreak and most of all, swag. 

I let my natural overly-manly tendancies have their sway over my face and proceeded to produce a fine luminous coat of silky man-fur.

Basically, I grew an itchy caterpillar on my upper lip and let it have free reign as it pupated into a ....no, it did not turn into a butterfly unfortunately.

But, ok, enough teasing.  I grew a 'Mo' as they say in Australia to benefit a good cause: to help increase men's awareness about their health, especially men's cancer related items. 

Men are notorious at trying to act cool and not see a doctor ('real' men, that is...) but perhaps that is why there are so few 'real' men these days; maybe they died out when the original moustaches died out in the early 80's.

As shown in the talk below (which I highly encourage you to watch), Adam Garone helped bring this tradition to life based on a much healthier attitude towards charity: have fun while doing it.

Movember

Thus, I will try to participate each year in this manly ritual of caterpillar harvesting to help promote better health, better awareness and better facial hair.
 

 This is what I suppose would happen if i go full beard....




 Go ahead, tease away!

It comes off in a few days!

No comments: