Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Blast From the Past

 I don't get many visitors to my neck of the woods, so when I do it is always a treat.  However, seeing someone from my school days - in Torrington - no less is like out of a strange dream.

However, Eric Yates managed to jump off in Taiwan for a few days on a business trip (covering a bit of Asia) and I was lucky enough to meet up with him for a brief visit up in Taipei with the fam. 

Unfortunately, we did not have too much time to do much except eat at the hotel buffet and catch up a bit, so I urged him to come back for a longer stay to let us show him the 'real' Taiwan.  We'll see if he can finagle his school to pay for his trip again......
It was great to catch up on Kara and his girls and to have him meet my family as well.  It was surreal to talk about some other Torrington friends, whom I have not even mentioned or thought of in a long long time.  Geez, speaking of Torrington, I have not been back there in a long long time, too.

Anyway, here are some pics we liked.








Here is Sage more interested in the huge tree....


Here's to Eric and his Family: Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Come Again Soon!
(and we will try the Stinky Tofu....)

No comments: